Friday, January 26, 2007

Needing to Save My Preoccupied Brain

Yes. I've gone missing for a couple of days. And I won't be catching up on those missing days. Yep, that throws a bit of a wrench in my tracking, but I've been crazy busy the past few days and honestly just haven't had it in me to take a minute and a half and post. Lazy? Perhaps. Preoccupied? Completely.

Work's been nuts and I'm to the point where I'm not quite sure when I'm going to catch up. It better be soon or else I'm going to start losing massive amounts of sleep.

A good friend came over Wednesday and stayed over :) - hence no Wednesday post. The couch also came Wednesday morning, and it's even better than expected! Too bad we've only sat on it twice since it came in... the front room is so ridiculously cold we can't really hang out there at night.

No Thursday post because, well, I spent most of my non-work time sleeping on the couch in the back room. It was freezing out and snowy all day. Nothing like a nice winter's nap by the fire on a day like that.

Which brings us to today.

I'm not going to go into details on this first part because, well, this is the internet and you never know who is reading your stuff, good or bad. But strike it sufficient to say that someone came onto our property and took something that wasn't theirs. Technically wasn't even ours, as a matter of fact, which makes it even worse. Considering this person was about 2 feet from our front door when they did it, it freaks me out even more.

I gave up on the dog thing a while back (I've felt the need for a dog for about 5 years now), but now it's back and stronger than ever. All I can think is that what happened never would have if we'd had a dog. Barks go a long way to turn someone around - and even an alert would have sent us to the window. We could have even gotten a description.

Assholes. I hope you get what's coming to you. Not only for the fact that you took something that wasn't yours, but that you came into my driveway uninvited, dangerously close to my house, and helped yourself to things. Fuck you for making me feel like a complete whackjob in my own house. Every bump of my cat jumping off the bed, every whir and click of the heat kicking on, every ping of the radiators warming up, every car door outside and even the squeak of the mailflap has freaked me the hell out today. Thank you, yes, thank you for turning me into a psychopath in my own dwelling. Is nowhere safe?

Karma, so they say, is one mother fucker. I sure hope you get your fair share.

A completely different topic, but an additional item that has my brain preoccupied: Joe Murphy, of The Kick Ass Mystic Ninjas and Wingin' It fame, went into surgery tonight. While I haven't had the distinct pleasure of meeting Joe in person, I'm an avid Wingin' It listener (even if I am perpetually a few shows behind) and always enjoy his commentary. He has a form of cancer I sure as hell can't spell... and just the word "cancer" is scary enough. Sending some positives your way, Joe. Anyone else that's bothering to read my cheezy little blog - won't you send Joe some love too?

That's it for tonight. Paranoid and worried. Over and out.
_____________
Average Daily Mood: -10
Average Daily Sky: 4
Notable Food Consumption: tortellini and elderberry wine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazingly, I have a client who may need to get rid of a 5 month old AKC black lab, named Bear....