Monday, January 01, 2007

And so it begins.

The first of the year. A time for "resolutions", don't they always say? Today begins my own resolution - a study of sorts.

I moved to Pittsburgh from New York a little over a year ago, and what a change that was. 99% for the ultimate good. I've gained time, I've gained sanity, I've had the opportunity to learn a little bit more about me.

That pesky 1%? Well, that 1% is rapidly proving itself to be the complete bane of my exsistence, and it's not something I can control or even really do anything about.

It's the weather.

Pittsburgh has often been noted as rainer, or generally more overcast, than Seattle, Washington. As I get older, and now that I have lived here for some time and experienced this weather phenomenon, I have found that the weather has a profound effect on my mood - not to mention my functionality and eating habits.

So begins the study of myself vs. the weather. To make things "chart-able" I hereby establish the study scale:

Average Daily Mood
1 extremely low --> 10 extremely high

Average Daily Sky
1 dark grey, completely ov
ercast --> 10 bright sun, zero cloud cover

Notable Food Consumption

While this isn't exactly the most "scientific" of studies, these two simple parameters (plus one extra, just to see) will help me establish mood levels vs. Pittsburgh weather, and we'll see if I really am affected to the point of seasonal affective disorder, or if I'm merely losing my mind.

Sipping the dredges of last night's champagne toast.

Welcome to 2007. Let's see what happens from here.
_____________


Average Daily Mood: 7
Average Daily Sky: 3
Notable Food Consumption: pork and sauerkraut, chocolate

Other affecting factors: Company, holidays, shopping
_____________

High: 54 Low: 34 Precipitation: 0.05"
Moon: Waxing Gibbous
Sunrise: 7:43 AM Sunset: 5:03 PM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It should be noted that the company on the 1st day were the most fabulous lesbian mood lifters available. I think day 1 should have been a 10.