Tuesday, August 28, 2007

You've Got... Company!

For as insanely great as working in your pajamas curled up with a monster cup of coffee sounds, it is oftentimes not all it's cracked up to be.

I joined the leagues of the mighty telecommuters in 2005. I'm just 2 months shy of 2 years working remotely. "Remotely" is not a word to be taken lightly... in fact, it was a much larger adjustment than I had ever imagined. There are still days when I can feel my social skillset eroding away, bit by bit.

Evo's always bringing in the latest and greatest ways to keep in touch, and today was no different. Enter Ustream! We were able to hear and see each other for much of the day today... making it a very close "office buddy" alternative. There are a few kinks to work on, but other than that, it was very cool for a first run. I have even managed to link it live here into Steel Grey Pittsburgh - check it out off on the right side there and see if I'm around.

It's always nice to have company.

Thanks Evo - I probably would have lost my mind a year and a half ago without you.

2 comments:

Evo Terra said...

Always happy to help. Keeping sanity is a group effort.

Myrddin said...

Wow it's been a week since your last blog post. See what happens when we are to busy to do anything exciting.