Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'll Have the Grilled Cheese and a Sippy Cup, Please

A lunchtime post today - because I didn't get a chance to last night (home at 2 am) and because I won't get a chance to later (yoga and dinner).

That, plus I still want to capture some of the glow and, well, pain.

Last night's show - Against All Authority, Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake - was phenomenal. My second show on this tour (Buffalo was my first), and honestly I wish I could make tonight and tomorrow night's shows (the last two of the tour)... unfortunately Scranton and DC are a wee bit far to be trekking out on school nights.

I made a bit of a mistake during this show - I assumed the crowd would function similarly to Buffalo. I realized a little bit too late that this crowd actually felt more like a fraction of a second away from a full-on fist fight.

I am sorely mistaken on my assumption today (horrible pun intended). These ribs, they hurt. They hurt bad. The rest of me sort of hurts too, but I don't feel too out of the ordinary. Just a little stiff; the post-show rust in my joints I have come to expect. And a sore throat. My companions did not fare much better - one kicked square in the head, the other with a lovely shiner to show for last night's activities.

Needless to say, shows like that reduce you to grilled cheese and sippy cups from Eat 'n Park. Luckily enough for us, they're more than happy to oblige at 1 am.

No comments: