Saturday, August 25, 2007

Size Check, Please?

Last night I finally got so agitated by the state of my jeans that I went shopping.

By state of them, I don't mean they're destined for the garbage, or so worn in places they've become dangerous. No... they're falling off.

I have spent the past few weeks in various states of amazement as all of my jeans progressed from "a little loose" to "if I don't wear a belt they'll slide down" to "if I don't wear a belt they'll fall completely off, but if I do wear a belt it folds the waistband". Uncomfortable, and to be quite honest, dumpy.

So Gap got me again for $58. Yeowch. But I'm a sucker for their jeans because they actually make jeans that FIT.

Speaking of fit, I left there with jeans in a size 1. I haven't worn anything that small since freshman year of college, and it's a vast departure from what I have been wearing. Which made me pause yesterday, and is still occupying my brain today.

Three thoughts:

1) I read an article a while back that examined clothing manufacturer size charts, and what those same sizes actually measured at decades ago. They're vastly different. Has a size 1 changed so much since the last time I bought pants that it only appears I've skipped a few sizes?

2) I'm starting to think I may have a tapeworm.

3) I'm standing on the next scale I find.

I'm off, time to start this day. Housework this morning, fun this afternoon and evening.


No comments: