Sunday, July 08, 2007

Your Beating Was Acoustically Pleasing!

Back! Tired! (Really, really tired...)

Let's just say the Buffalo trip was a blast.

We started out early and got up to Buffalo with plenty of time (but not plenty of leg room - it's a good thing I have no problem curling up in a car!) Since we were so early, the boys were awesome enough to drive just a little bit farther north and take me up to Niagra Falls. In all my 29 years I've never been there. It's amazing, breathtaking, and mind-boggling. Water, rushing water - and the earth just... stops. Incredible.

From there back to downtown Buffalo and the Town Ballroom for Against All Authority, Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake! Amazing, amazing show. I've been a fan of Reel Big Fish for many years, and very recently Less Than Jake has started to crowd out some of the older music in my iPod that's been kicking around in there for far too long. The entire show was nothing short of stellar! I'm quite positive Streetlight Manifesto will find their way into my iPod shortly. I hadn't heard much from them previously, but last night they were fantastic!

What I lost in the pit last night:
* 5 pounds
* (almost) a bracelet

What I got in the pit last night:
* something that felt at the time like a cracked rib (but is thankfully just fine this morning!)
* 2 kicks to the head
* 3 elbows in the face (sometimes it pays to be short, other times not so much)
* bubbles in my eyes
* a bunch of confetti

The Shout It Loud tour will hit Pittsburgh in August - we'll be there!

I managed to haul my camera phone and a notebook around for everything but the show - photos on flickr.

Some brilliant quotes from the crew:
* "You're talking over Hall and Oates, my friend."
* "Falls and mysteries ahead!"
* "You'd be falling for a while, I'd probably laugh before you splatted."
* "And the bunny on the paper towel will come alive someday."
* "Your beating was acoustically pleasing!"
* "It's been on you my friend, it's goddamn lucky."

Three others from (overheard) outside sources:
* "You better watch how you talk to me or you'll find that ice cream over the falls!"
* "I'd trust Mythbusters before I trusted you."
* "A tattoo. They put ink in your dermis." "What the hell is a dermis?"

And while I'm at it, I tag M, M (YES, YOU, stop your whining!) and Tracy for 5 Things About the Real You. Go for it, kids.

No comments: