Saturday, July 21, 2007

Food!

Yesterday was a big day.

Since the nasty bruise from my IV drip has faded into a lovely combination of Crayola's Chartreuse and Bittersweet, and my appetite has been ravenous for a couple days, I decided to give real food a go last night. It worked!

Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done, but I indulged in a steak. Fillet, to be exact. I've been out of the food circuit for several days and I wanted a bit of a treat.

Everything went down fine, but I did discover a few interesting things:
1) I can't eat anywhere near what I used to consume. In fact, I can only eat about a third as much at this point.
2) If I don't chew my food into oblivion first, it hurts when it lands.

Point one I'm a-okay with. I get to have delicious steak for lunch today.
Point two is strange. I've always been a slow eater. Now I'm even slower.

I guess it will all come back in time. I'll be nursing this one for a while. My pants don't fit the same.

On a more interesting note, the boy and I went to see Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix last night. Three words: wow, awesome, and DARK. We've seen them all, and personally I think this is the best so far.

We were discussing afterward how the movies have really progressed - the first ones were pretty kid-friendly for the most part. This one, I'd say not so much - it really was dark, and using the word sadistic wouldn't be out of line. Sick and twisted, but now I'm even more excited for the final two.

I'm going to forage for breakfast foods and chew them very very thoroughly.

No comments: