Friday, July 06, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

I'm in a perpetual state of "behind". Anything else new?

I was tagged by Evo several moons ago for five things about the "real" me. Sorry it's taken me so long! You'll understand the quotes on "real" after you peruse #5.

1) I grew up in a very rural part of northcentral Pennsylvania. My definition of rural: Population est. 2,000, closest neighbor 1/2 mile away, 20 minutes outside of "town". A full hour away from a mall of any flavor. Growing up there and moving to New York City immediately afterward was a bit of a shock. (I'm back in PA now, albeit in Pittsburgh.)

2) When I was 17, I toured 6 European countries in 5 days, in the backseat of the smallest diesel Renault on the planet. Countries visited, in order: France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Italy, Germany. I slept in the Louvre, and visited the Postage Stamp Museum in Vaduz.

3) I was a radio board op / DJ / ad programmer / ad and news writer /producer for the local radio station in my hometown during my high school years. Amazing job. So amazing, in fact, I proceeded from there to college where I took up Communications as my major, with my focus in radio. Where, oh where is radio headed now?

4) I had an emergency appendectomy in 1998. I was sick, sick, SICK. The doctor told me it was not only punctured and leaking, it was green and "growing something" when they removed it. Green. "Growing" something else. That's just terrifying. I spent a week in the hospital, and consequently nearly failed a couple of my college courses that semester. Some professors just won't take a stapled, 5 inch gash in your stomach as an excuse.

5) I have been described by multiple people as being "an onion".

And there you have it. A few of my "grey" secrets.

I'm not sure who to tag for this, but when I come up with my list, I'll post them.

No comments: