Thursday, September 20, 2007

Twitching.

I've been at Disney World since Sunday.

It's Thursday morning, and I'm camped out in the room listening to Sammy J sing the blues. And trying to catch up on work emails. One would think that the Happiest Place on Earth would rub off a little, but honestly I've been twitching since Monday afternoon.

I've been sick since before we left. I'm still sick. I can't shake it and it's really getting old. That coupled with the fact that I absolutely, positively have been unable to relax this entire trip is truly maddening.

I got up really early yesterday, pulled on the yoga pants, and headed out the door to do some yoga by the lake to try and relax. No dice. It was pouring. And I really missed my yoga class back home last night. It's what keeps me sane in the middle of the week. I've resorted to practicing my breathing at odd times of the day just to stay in my right mind. It's not really working all that well but at least it's keeping my feet in the right place.

Work is on my mind, sickness is on my mind, and there are a million and one other things on my mind. I've been twitching for days. And all I wanted to do was exactly the opposite.


No comments: