Thursday, February 08, 2007

Yoga Fun and Horny Fish

Did the headline catch your eye?

Last night was my very first Yoga class, and please allow me to say I'm more than pleased. Had a great time, was nowhere near as scary or hard as I thought it might be. I broke a sweat - which I haven't done for some time, and actually got out of the house - which is always a treat for me. I'm a little sore today, actually, but I'm really not all that surprised. It was fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, that we're planning on going again next Wednesday. And even better - I found free on demand programming on our cable with Yoga workouts - and just did one. Awesome. And our house is freezing cold, so it's helping me keep warm too. Sweet.

I've been feeling really bad for Bayonne (he's a betta) - he has his own special bowl in the kitchen and since it's been so cold lately, his little bowl has been feeling like ice. He's been so chilly that he's awfully sluggish and barely moves much at all. In fact, this morning I had to shake his bowl to get him to move and eat, and that never happens. So, I decided to move him into the big tank. He seems to be doing fine so far; granted he's only been in there for about an hour now. He's hanging out in all the plants and keeping to himself, so we'll see how it goes.

And that brings me to the fact that we have a horny tankful of fish. The three [now officially identified as] molly babies are doing splendidly. I was feeding them and watching Bayonne carefully - when I noticed a small glint of orange. Since it was under the bubble wall, I thought my brain was playing tricks on me... But no. I checked - there are at least 5 orange platy babies (they're definitely orange this time!) hiding out in the bottom of the tank! I can't even begin to net them yet - they're good hiders and, well, have about the same number of molecules as a speck of dust. I guess all this means we have a healthy tank... and a big school of horny fish.

We'll see what happens in the morning - with any luck, instincts will kick in and they'll come out to eat.

_____________
Average Daily Mood: 7
Average Daily Sky: 9
Notable Food Consumption: Tortellini

No comments: